This policy sets out how we handle your personal information if you’re a HOTD user or visitor to our Sites.
When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘HOTD it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the Sites.
The type of personal information we collect
We collect names and email addresses from our users primarily for our Mailing List. We do not sell or pass on your persona details to any 3rd parties and all data is stored by third party suppliers in this case, Mailchimp.
The most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, survey responses, emails, content you direct us to make available on our Sites and web analytics data. We will also collect personal information from job applications (such as, your CV, the application form itself, cover letter and interview notes).
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Sites, or through other people when you use services associated with the Sites.
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete membership registration and buy or provide items or services on our Sites, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
How we use personal information
We will use your personal information:
i. providing you with services described on the Sites;
ii. verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Sites;
iii. updating you with news and information about our Sites and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Sites, website disruptions or security updates;
iv. managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Sites or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
v. managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
vi. training HOTD staff about how to best serve our user community;
vii. improving our products and services.
viii. providing general administrative and performance functions and activities; and
ix. processing your job application to HOTD.
b. Where you give us consent:
i. providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you; and
c. For purposes which are required by law.
d. For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
We never sell your personal information
10. We may disclose personal information to only the following recipients:
a. companies that are in the HOTD group
b. to third parties to fulfil transaction on the HOTD shop
c. our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.)
d. regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
e. a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase;
f. a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
g. a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
h. a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
i. other recipients where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
11. We are based in the UK so your data will be processed in the UK Some of the recipients we have described in section 10 above, and to whom we disclose your personal information, may be based outside the UK. We do this on the basis of your consent to this policy. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
How we keep your personal information secure
12. We store personal information on secure 3rd party servers that are managed by our service providers, and occasionally copy files that are kept in the UK. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls where appropriate.
How you can access your personal information
13. You can unsubscribe from our Mailing List at any time by opening our last email and unsubscribing at the bottom. We always provide an easy way for you to withdraw consent.
Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
14. Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
15. You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly in your case.
Cookies (not the type you eat!) and web analytics
and for more general information on cookies, see http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
17. When you visit our Sites, there’s certain information that’s recorded through Google Analytics which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
a. your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
b. the domain name you requested;
c. the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
d. the date and time of your visit to the website;
e. the length of your session;
f. the pages which you have accessed;
g. the number of times you access our site within any month;
h. the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
i. the website which referred you to our Sites; and
j. the operating system which your computer uses.
Information you make public or give to others
How long we keep your personal information
21. We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you and others, and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your personal information or to provide you with the HOTD services, you can request that we erase your personal information.
When we need to update this policy
22. We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
23. When we do change the policy, we’ll make sure to notify you about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.
How you can contact us
24. If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org