How to control strong sexual desires?
I have strong sexual desires but can’t get married at the moment. I try to fast but I keep having these desires and sometimes feel like acting on my desires. Can you advise me how I can stop?
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh
Thank you for your question.May Allah Almighty keep you in His protection.
Here below are some suggestions in your dilema:
• Try to be punctual with Islamic injunctions such as daily prayers, Quranic recitations, dhikr and duas
• Abstain from all forms of obscenity, nudity, pornography and sinful interaction with the opposite gender
• Attempt to fast constantly in the proper sense by not only abstaining from food and drink, rather all sinful activities
• Stay in the company of the pious as much as possible
• Keep yourself occupied in good so your mind does not drift off to something impermissible
• Make duas and efforts to get married at your earliest
May Allah Almighty keep us all protected with morality, modesty and guidance.
And Allah knows best.
Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Badat
Hadith of the Day Imam
Imam of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto and Director of Mathabah institute
Since You’re Here… we have a small favour to ask.
In these extraordinary times, millions rely on HOTD for daily uplifting & inspiring content. Established since 2009 and with your kind support we’ve seen readers elevate their Imaan & strive for better on a daily basis. We’re committed to keeping our content freely available and open for all readers. Every contribution, however big or small, makes a difference and help us spread knowledge to millions daily
HOTD is something special, it’s a place where people can come to be inspired, to renew their faith, to learn and share knowledge, to fall in love with our faith and also our Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him and his family).
All content on HOTD is free. We believe what we do in this life builds for the next one and we work tirelessly with the aim to please Allah and inspire the global Muslim community as
well as providing information and inspiration for anyone interested in Islam. We simply cannot do this without your support and your support helps us continue our services.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. You can support HOTD and help sustain our future. Support Hadith of the Day and make a one-off donation or give regularly from as little as £10 a month Jazak’Allah Khayr – whatever you donate will come back to benefit you Insha’Allah as whatever is spent in the way of Allah is an investment in the future and the next life. Thank you.