My sister is having problem with a jinn since last 12 years. Please advise on a cure.
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh
Thank you for your question.
To be protected from such evils, one should do the following:
– Have firm belief in Allāh
– Obey Allāh Almighty’s commands, leading a righteous life
– Pray to Allāh Almighty for protection
– Constantly recite Qur’ān
– Recite the acceptable supplications recorded in the Prophetic narrations
– Remain in purity and ablution.
– Continue seeking proper knowledge of the religion through authentic sources
– Consult an authentic scholar trained in ruqyah for recitations of the Quran to be rendered for spiritual healing.
Ibn Al-Juhanī (may Allāh be pleased with him) stated that the Prophet (peace and blessings upon him) said to him, “Shall I guide you to the best thing that those who seek protection use for protection?” He replied, “Of course, O Messenger of Allāh!” The Prophet (peace and blessings upon him) said, “Say, I seek refuge with the Lord of Al-Falaq.’ (Sūrah Falaq, Qur’ānic chapter 113) and ‘Say, I seek refuge with the Lord of mankind.’ (Sūrah Nās, Qur’ānic chapter 114). These two chapters [are the best protection].” (Nasa’I, Tafsīr ibn Kathīr)
May Allāh Almighty keep us all in His protection.
And Allah knows best.
Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Badat
Hadith of the Day Imam
Imam of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto and Director of Mathabah Institute