Answer by Shaykh Yūsuf Badāt
Please explain the features and the series of events of the appearance of Dajjāl (antichrist) in detail.
Jazāk Allāh Khayr/ Thank you for your question.
The Dajjāl or the Anti-Christ is a major sign leading up to the day of Judgement.
From the Islamic point of view, some of the pertinent points regarding the Dajjāl, his emergence and his demise are as follows:
- Imam Mahdī will have appeared before Dajjāl’s arrival.
- A great famine for three years will be in place prior to Dajjāl’s emergence.
- Religious learning and practice will be at a low, ignorance will be rampant.
- Some wars will take place around the time of Dajjāl’s coming.
- Dajjāl will emerge from the east and will travel at a quick pace from city to city covering almost the entire world. He will not be able to enter Makkah and Madīnah.
- The Dajjāl will perform unusual feats and cause corruption and chaos wherever he goes.
The Dajjāl is described as a young, obese man, brown in complexion with a broad chest. He will have curly hair. “ka fa ra’ will be written on his forehead. Both eyes are defective. The left eye has a swelled pupil while he is blind from the right eye. He will walk briskly. He will have no offspring. He will [make a false] claim [of] prophet-hood thereafter being God.
Finally the Prophet ‘Īsa (Jesus) – peace be upon him – will descend, confront the Dajjāl and destroy him.
For some details, we suggest you read the book, “Major Signs Before the Day of Judgment” by Shaykh Ahmad Ali of UK.
Source: brought to you by Mathabah, read more here.