Question: Assalamu alaykum
Two years ago someone called me up out of the blue and warned me that black magic had been performed on me, my husband and our family, permeating every aspect of our lives. This person is someone I trust and have no reason to think badly of.
How do I prevent the magician from having an effect on us?
Answer: Assalam ‘alaykum. Jazakum Allah khayr for your question. May Allah make your affairs easy.
Real cases of black magic require specialist consultation with a God-fearing and genuine individual who is capable of dealing with these issues. One has to be very careful to whom they go to for instruction in such matters. Unfortunately, specific advice on how to cure a case of black magic or referrals is beyond the scope of this service.
Perhaps try the following 5 suggestions:
1. Take stock of your life and see if anything is amiss. Reflect particularly on your religious practice. Is there some normal reason why things are happening the way they are? Could you be doing something better? Are you fulfilling your obligations to Allah and others? Is there any sin in your life that maybe affecting things? It is important that you eliminate all possibilities.
2. Make sure that you’re emotional and physical health is good.
3. As soon as you feel that something may be an outcome of black magic, seek refuge in Allah and make sincere du’a for Allah to remove any harm. Remember, ultimately it is a test from Allah, and only He can remove it.
4. Recite the following supplication in the morning and evening, ideally after each prayer if you feel the need,
أَعُوذُ بِكَلِمَاتِ اللَّهِ التَّامَّةِ مِنْ كُلِّ شَيْطَانٍ وَهَامَّةٍ وَمِنْ كُلِّ عَيْنٍ لَامَّةٍ
I seek refuge in Allah most perfect words from every devil, harmful thing, and accusing eye [Bukhari]
5. If all else fails, contact the friend who was originally helping you and ask her who she thinks is doing the magic. If she does inform you, then carefully and wisely consider what can be done to keep yourselves safe. At the same time, be honest and ask yourself if you truly trust this friend?
And Allah knows best.
Answered by [Shaykh] Jamir Meah
Proudly brought to you by SeekersHub Global, more SeekersAnswer can be found at http://www.seekersguidance.org/ans-blog.