I have strong sexual desires but can’t get married at the moment. I try to fast but I keep having these desires and sometimes feel like acting on my desires. Can you advise me how I can stop?
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh
Thank you for your question.
May Allah Almighty keep you in His protection.
Here below are some suggestions in your dilema:
• Try to be punctual with Islamic injunctions such as daily prayers, Quranic recitations, dhikr and duas
• Abstain from all forms of obscenity, nudity, pornography and sinful interaction with the opposite gender
• Attempt to fast constantly in the proper sense by not only abstaining from food and drink, rather all sinful activities • Stay in the company of the pious as much as possible
• Keep yourself occupied in good so your mind does not drift off to something impermissible
• Make duas and efforts to get married at your earliest
May Allah Almighty keep us all protected with morality, modesty and guidance. And Allah knows best.
Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Badat
Hadith of the Day Imam
Imam of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto and Director of Mathabah institute